Less about volcanos and more about sleeves.....

The sleeves that I'm going to put on my Kampfrau frock are gong to be puff-slashy kind of jobs, but cut all in one piece, which will make the pattern a little tricky. I decided the look of the picture in the previous post was what I was going for, and it was the little panel of unslashed bit on the inside that would dictate the cutting pattern. I ended up cutting an S-curve, so the seam would run down the back of the arm, rather than from the armpit. At the elbow the sleeves kind of puff out a bit, so I should get a nice puff.

At the moment I'm trying to deside whether to line the sleeves with linen or not. It's a fabulous burnt orange/pumpkin linen. Pro - it will look good (which is of course the most important thing!) and it will be easier to put on. Con - the wool on it's own would be more grabby, and would mean that I'm not hitching my sleeves up all the time.

Hmmm, vanity or practicality? I have a sneaking suspicion that vanity will win.

The smell of the orange vegies turning brown and smooshy in the oven is driving me crazy, I might come back when I'm fortified with food.

1 comments:

GB said...

Have you finished yor veges, yet? That must be an awfully long dinner...