Here we go again....

I'm doing this in bits, because it seems to be the only way I can get this wretched Blog ot upload (grumble, mutter, whinge)

Cut through the narrow channels, and then turn the binding fabric through and press. It looks like a humungeous mess at the moment, but once the raw edges are all sewn down it will be nice and neat and properly finished. The end result should look a bit like this:

There's a fair bit of hand-sewing in my immediate future! It's getting there, but I need to get a move on if I want to wear it to Cold War (which I do, because it will be wool and therefore nice and toasty. Cold War is aptly named.....)

4 comments:

DV said...

I do love and it looks great, however it is the 70's kitchen frock. The brown and the orange! All you need is a nice lime green underskirt and all will be good!

Mz. B.Trousers said...

And some really big abstract flowers, like J's old kitchen wallpaper.

I love it.

And I'm sorry that blogger is treating you so badly! I hope it gets better.

GB said...

But don't forget the burned yellow accents and it would be the ultimate 70's kitchen frock.

I actually had kitchen curtains that excatly matched J's old wallpaper. It went really well with the burned yellow tiles on the benchtop (with brown grouting), mission brown cupboards and green kitchen carpet. No, I am not kidding!

MrSnerg said...

My wordy lordy that does look like a lot of work! Also looks like it will be fabulous!

Just a handy blogger hint... if you have decent sized photos from a goodish camera, shrink them first. Lots. Blogger gets a bit confused with large amounts of upload data. Poor thing. You can get away with 2 or 3 pics in the one upload if you make them smaller (but still big enough to be useful).