Jobs, jobs, jobs...

Starting to feel a little bit better about the whole job search thing.

I had started a couple of weeks back, by checking Seek, and finding two jobs that I thought would work really well for me. One was with a tapware supplier that I had dealt with whilst at Reece, and the other was with one of Reece's bigger customers. I thought I would have a good chance at one or both of these jobs, as I had relevant industry experience, as well as the skills that the job required. Buh-bow. Not only have I not heard back from either, but one of them (the supplier) I had been for an interview and been told "we'll be in touch"... That's just a bit rude, in my opinion. Both of them I have sent follow-up emails to as well. Bah.

So I sent my resume off to a bunch more job ads on Friday, and the responses have been pouring in! I have had two interviews today (one with the workplace and one with an agent) that were both very positive, one tomorrow and one on Thursday. This is good - for a couple of days there I was starting to think that I was going to have some real trouble.

All that remains now is to actually land one of these jobs (which is where this house of cards may come crashing down around my ears). Wish me luck!

Mind you, I would still rather be lazy layabout stay-at-home type...Can't someone pay me for that?

2 comments:

Mayela said...

Good to hear things have picked up a bit. I hate when jobs don't contact you to tell you you were unsuccessful, it's unprofessional and just down right frustrating! All the best with this week's interviews, fingers are firmly crossed, but that's just for moral support as you don't need luck, you have your skill and experience to rely on!
I do get a bit down hearted about job searching, as I am too keeping an eye on the opportunities making themselves available... and annoyingly those opportunities are few and far between for me right now! But I can't complain too hard, I have a good job, I'm just no longer happy with it. I'll just suck it up a bit longer.

Mz. B.Trousers said...

I have the dumb - was going to ask you all about the hunting on Tuesday night, and I got caught up talking about houses and holidays! Sorry! I hope it's all running smoothly!