The great unwashed

Or at least the great unemployed.

That's right, I got retrenched today. Not hugely worried - there's plenty that I can do that will keep me from starving, and I got a reasonable payout. Still, came as a bit of a surprise. So, after nearly seven years with Reece, I am now at a loose end. Kinda looking forward to having a little bit of time to myself, and then throwing myself into the challenge of getting a new job.

Should be interesting. At the very least, maybe I'll have more time to keep my blog up to date!

Update:

Yes, this did come completely out of left field, and right in the middle of me being busy, busy, busy. It's not a huge shock, though, we've been told for a while that the business isn't making any money... I am a little surprised at some, ok one, of their choices. If it was my business, I probably would have kept the person with the most experience and best knowledge of the systems (me) over the person who has been with the company for less than a year and knows waaaaaaaaaaay less about everything Reece-wise. Oh, and I know how to do her job. But still, I've been wanting to leave for a while, and now I have the opportunity to do so with the golden handshake attached. Bad time to be looking for a job, but there's always temping.

All in all, I'm pretty happy at the present time. So it's all good!

5 comments:

DV said...

Oh.
Wow.
Going to move to Greenland now? :)

Mousicles said...

Congratulations!

So it was completely out of the blue?

My retrenchment came after months of twiddling my thumbs so if came as a great relief.

At least if you have a good payout you can have a good break before getting back into the workforce. At just before festival too.

Mayela said...

*blinks*
Wow, very unexpected.

At least you're not panicked about it though, quite level headed. We're all here as sounding boards if you need :)

spyder said...

Holy moley!
I'm guessing that's both good and bad...

Wenchilada said...

Gosh!

Ummmm...

Fancy a holiday in China? ;)