Things I saw on my walk today

  • The odd juxtaposition of houses that you often see around here - one house that is impeccably kept with very neat garden, cheek-by-jowl with the scruffiest of scruffy houses where the paint is peeling and the garden is an overgown jungle.
  • The Bogan Princess, complete with earings that dangled to her shoulders, pushing a pram and studiously avoiding my eye so she wouldn't be forced to smile at a stranger.
  • The old man getting out of his car to open his garage door, the young woman taking her toddler out in the stroller, the Italian woman with the market flower garden, all of whom responded to my smile with one of their own.
  • The furry brown catterpiller trundling his busy way across the footpath.
  • The Noisy Miner in the tree barely an arms length away.
  • The knobbly brown seeds left after a bottlebrush has lost the flowery bits.
My eyes took many little photograhs along the way, all the colours and shapes. I actually really quite like living in the 'burbs, especially a well established one, with houses of many kinds, and lots of greenery. I just wish my friends weren't all a 30 minute drive away...

I am trying to use this time that I have on my hands to establish some good habits - daily walking, doing stuff in the garden, good cooking and eating practices.

Today's walk was a backwards version of the same walk that I did on Tuesday, but took me about 10 minutes less to complete. I walked it faster and felt better when I got home. At this rate I will be running the whole way by the end of the week! (yeah, right)

2 comments:

GB said...

No mention of the gardening? :)

Mz. B.Trousers said...

I do that. Take little snap shots of the things that interest me, make me smile, make me think. Usually, i slow my step and type a note to Fz, because I have to share it. And often I've forgotten them by the time I'm home.
Thanks for sharing yours!