Time keeps on slipping into the future....

I need a new job. One that offers me a large number of hours doing nothing (at a very high rate of remuneration), while allowing me full access to the internet.......

Yeah, right.

Although my web presence has been very slight lately, that's not because I'm crap (well it is, but you guys are my friends and will allow me the fiction that I'm not actually all that crap), but because I have been busy:

  • I ran 12th night. It was a lovely event, contrary to the whining by some stupid prats on the Lochac list. The weather was lovely, everyone was relaxed, there were lots of kids there, the sorbet was a great hit, and I didn't have to spend any time at all in a kitchen.
  • I finished the cuffs on the beaded dress of doom, and entered them into the WCoB comp, and won a prize! I am now working on the guard on the upper part of the sleeve. This is a bit scary, because it means that I am going to have to fit the bodice soon, so that I can work out the shape for the guard for that bit. Yikes, that sounds a bit too close to actually building the frock for my liking!!
  • All the tabs for the tent are sewn on! (I know, I barely belive it myself!). All that I need to do now for the roof part is sew it all together. I'm hoping to give that a burl on the weekend.
  • And, true to form, work has been incessantly busy. We don't seem to get much of a quiet period at all. It goes from "Oh my god I must get this project finished before xmas" to "Right-o, back to the grind, lets get on with it, chop, chop" with only a short period of rest and catch up with all the things I didn't get finished last year in between. Meh.
Sp there you go - that's pretty much a run down of January for you. At least I managed 2 whole posts this month....... (well, nearly. I wrote this post on the 31st, but then Blogger had one of it's many "I'm just going to go away now" moments, and I couldn't upload it)

4 comments:

GB said...

You aren't that crap. There's a whole world full of people that are crapier than you.
You sewed some of your tent?? Yay! There's only two weeks before Festival, you know. Better get a wriggle on!

Destructomeg said...

tent?! yay!''

I've thought about festival.. does that count? ;)

deense said...

12th night was indeed lovely.

Eric TF Bat said...

Prats is what The Shambles is for. Ignore them; I do.

I unsubbed after all that Большой about Twelfth Night and then the pillocks who couldn't get their heads out of Corpora long enough to contemplate a Hypothetical, but after Mr Rowany announced the new Festival site I snuck back on to see if the prats are being similarly pratacular. So far they're not, which is a surprise, but then it was pretty much the ideal choice of site, so there's not much even your pal the ex-Laurel could say to complain about it, eh?